Wednesday, January 5

Pay it Forward in 2011 & togeNYC

I saw this on one of my friends' facebook page and instantly had to put it as my status:

"Pay it forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They in turn must post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011."

Within 10 minutes I had my 5 people and started brainstorming! While I do have throughout the entire year to complete this project, I'm going to challenge myself to have all the gifts mailed out by the end of February. Plus, it will help with my New Years resolution to create one project a week throughout all of 2011! I'm so excited about it.

Speaking of that resolution, I really need to get started! Only 4 more days to complete something... Hmm... What to create...

If you come up with any ideas, send them my way and I'll take a shot at it! In the meantime, I saw this on Huffington Post and think it'd be fun to do a project with this concept:


A dragon made completely out of plastic knives, forks, spoons, and cups! Well, and some hot glue as well. So cool! I'm not sure the actual artist's name, but you can find more of their stuff on DeviantArt.com and "~toge-NYC" is the username.

Just goes to show that art can be found in and made of ANYTHING! It's up to us to see it =)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad. Because I can post while my pit bull sleeps on my elbow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment