Saturday, March 19

Yummmm...

Have you used StumbleUpon? If not, google it and have fun, but be warned: you will be less productive for a few days at the least. One of my friends introduced me to it a few years ago, and I lost a solid four days to it's never-ending cycle of magnificence. Over the years, this random website generator had faded in my radar until my boyfriend recently discovered it. He's completely addicted. What's so great about this is that I don't really have to go through the trouble of clicking the "Stumble" button to get through the (rare) blah sites, because anything interesting is saved as a favorite in my boyfriend's account and he shares them with me! It's great. I maintain my 11 hours of productivity a day, and he finds the cool things for us to check out.

The other night, we made two recipes that Stumble led him to, and they're wonderful...

For dinner we had Petite Lasagnas, made in a muffin pan!!! So. Cute. The recipe was found on Can You Stay For Dinner, a blog/website devoted to quick wit and delicious recipes. What a fabulous combination. You can get the recipe here. They were deeeeelicous! And BONUS: they were adorable. I can't wait to experiment and do them again as a veggie lasagna.
Photo courtesy of canyoustayfordinner.com
For dessert, we made Peanut Butter S'mores Turnovers. WHAT?? Yup. You read correctly. They were realllllly good. My next batch will be made with the mallow inside and sans peanut butter. A pure s'mores tastiness wrapped in delicious puff pastry. Mmmmmmmm... here's where you can find the recipe for the S'mores Turnovers. They're SO easy and perfect to make as a treat with kids. Or grown ups. Basically anyone with taste buds will enjoy these.
Photo courtesy of macintoshgirl.wordpress.com
Spring is starting to show it's face here in Michigan and we even had temperatures in the 70s on St. Patty's day!! It was spectacular.

Let me know if any of you try these recipes and if you do any variations! I'd love to see (or taste?!) them!

No comments:

Post a Comment